ECC Technologies is an equal opportunity employer with offices in Rochester, NY and Raleigh, NC. We provide technology consulting services to Education, Commercial and Government accounts.
- Senior OSP/ISP Design Engineer
Why work for ECC Technologies?
1) Work in a fast-paced and exciting world of the technology and telecommunications field.
2) Opportunities for advancement
3) Creative and innovative work environment
4) Company stability, ECC has been in business since 1995
5) Opportunity to work with a wide range of customers
5) Excellent benefits
If you are energetic, creative and have a positive attitude, then consider working for a company where your voice will be heard.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior OSP/ISP Design Engineer
PURPOSE: Manage the OSP/ISP design projects for ECC customers and provide operational and administrative support to ECC staff
for Broadband Planning and Network Operations.
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
- Responsible for OSP/ISP design staff, including supervision of workload and quality of work.
- Apply engineering design principles to ECC network projects.
- Develop project budgets including accurate estimates of survey, design and drafting time required, and
construction cost estimates.
- Routinely update OSP/ISP design standards and specifications, and unit pricing.
- Prepare standard design specifications and AutoCAD drawing formats, layering, and appearance.
- Develop staffing plan, train new employees regarding ECC policies, design procedures and standards. Evaluate
performance of employees and/or subcontractors.
- Knowledge of OSP/ISP engineering, including industry principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment used.
- Knowledge of OSP/ISP telecommunications measurements, clearances, safety requirements, work odor
procedures, telephony industry standards.
- Knowledge of design principles, techniques, and tools involved in production of technical plans, diagrams,
drawings, and models.
- Experience operating test equipment to ensure function of fiber optic and copper cabling.
- Project management skills with ability to prepare detailed schedules that include tasks and resource allocation for
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office suite, including Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, and
Outlook. Basic to intermediate AutoCAD skills.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, telecommunications, information technologies, or related field.
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) certification preferred.
- Minimum 7 years experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Experience with managing project teams, including OSP/ISP design engineers and drafters
- Experience with aerial and underground pathway identification, utility pole survey, make-ready requirements,
and ride-out negotiations.
- Experience with cable management and strand assignments.
- Experience with the design and specification of enterprise telephone systems, data (IP) networks.
- Experience with telecommunications construction management, inspection, and testing.